Well it's high time for an update of both my babies, Richard and myself!
First off Big brother Liam: He is 13 months (yeah still in denial he is that old) and just as cute as ever! His little personality has grown SO much just in the past couple weeks! He is so silly, even more happy, sweet and loving than he was before (which I didn't think that was possible)! He spends most of his days running around the house making silly fun noises while playing with his toys. But his most FAVORITE way to spend his day is outside. We have a little patio outside our slidding glass door and the first thing he does when he wakes up from nap or in the morning is go knock on the sliding glass door or our front door to go outside. He even recognizes his jacket and brings it to me when he wants to go outside and knocks on the door. And when it gets too cold (gotta "love" Idaho...) and we have to bring him in, he screams which is SUPER uncommon for him. I have a huge feeling we are going to be spending every waking second outside when it gets nice, because we basically do already!
![]() |
| Chomping on a strawberry while playing |
![]() |
| Cutest little thing ever |
Also recently his love for books has grown SO much and he is obsessed! He regularly brings me books throughout the day to read and when I do he gets giddy. It's neat because I really think he understands what I say. I can tell him to bring me some books so I can read to him, and he happily runs into his room, grabs some books and plops himself in my lap ready to read! Neat thing is he understands a lot of the things I ask him to do without too much prompting and follows a lot of instructions. And he has learned SO many signs recently which has helped a lot. So far he knows: all done, more, please, water, food, cherrios, quiet, hot, dog, hungry/food, apple, up and we are working on more right now. Its been so nice!
![]() |
| Lounging doing one of his favorite things after waking up |
![]() |
| Signing "Quiet" while reading his Baby Sign book |
I sure love my little man with all my heart! He has been sick for the last week so we have been doing a lot of cuddling and playing together. Here are some random pictures from the past couple weeks:
![]() |
| Because he is sick and can't go outside he just sits in front of the sliding glass door! |
![]() |
| Cuddling on my lap |
![]() |
| lol! Giving the camera his silly serious face |
![]() |
| But he is still my super happy little boy! |
There are so many things I could write about, so many adorable little stories and new developments but for the lack of time I will move on, even though I LOVE to talk about my little man!
Mommy: I have had dark hair since last July but I am naturally blonde and the other day I decided it was time to go back to blonde! My hair has also been long for awhile and I thought it would also be fun to chop off my hair AND go blonde at the same time and I LOVE it! It's so much easier to do and perfect for summer. I loved being brown, but I think I will stay blonde for good. It's just who I am! :)
![]() |
| Its an A-line cut so here is a picture of the side! I really like it |
One thing I wanted to mention is how loving Liam is! He is ALWAYS running to me to give me a huge hug, kisses and all sorts of love. He is such a happy and loving little boy! I love how loving he is! :)
![]() |
| Not a super flattering picture of me, but I am SO happy we caught a Liam hug! |
baby #2: I can't believe that I am 17 1/2 weeks and almost half way done!! Because I had Liam pretty recently sometimes I feel like this is just an extension of my pregnancy with Liam and it hits me randomly that another sweet baby will be coming soon! It's hard to believe we will have 2 kids in 5 months and we are SO incredibly excited! Like I mentioned before, this pregnancy has been a lot easier than my pregnancy with Liam (and even his was not hard except the morning sickness but thats hard no matter how you cut it). I never had any weird aversions, my morning sickness left a couple weeks ago, I could eat whatever I wanted and my sense of smell wasn't too bad at all. But I am still way more tired this go around which is probably 100% because I have a little 1 year old to chase around and I can't take naps whenever I want to!
Also this baby seems to be even more active than Liam (which I never thought was possible)! I have felt this baby so much recently and I love it. It's my favorite part of being pregnant. Liam was more strong with his movements, but this one sure moves a lot! At my last ultrasound the baby was moving ALL OVER the place, way more than Liam ever did. Even the doctor said our little one is super super active and had a really hard time getting good pictures! And at every appointment the doctor has a hard time getting a good reading of the heartbeat because the baby is moving all over the place constantly and he is always stunned at how much it moves! At my 16 week appointment last week everything looked perfect! The heartbeat was perfect, LOUD and strong, I am measuring right on and all is good. And I made my 20 week appointment to find out the gender of peanut for April 12th!! That's in a little more than 2 weeks!! I am so anxious to find out if peanut is a boy or a girl!!!
I feel like I am already so big with this pregnancy!! And I really think I have grown since I took this picture a week ago! But I love to show, so I don't mind! :) Luckily my weight gain is perfect so I am not worried about it being unnecessary fat but rather just baby related hugeness! My cravings have hit full force lately and so far I crave very spicy and sweet foods (with Liam I craved mostly salty as well as sweet things)! And a funny thing with this pregnancy is I crave anything I see someone eat (within reason)! So in commercials, T.V. shows or anything if someone is eating something, I want it so bad. I have been craving breakfast foods SO bad lately so today for dinner (for my birthday dinner! yeah I will update on my birthday another day) we had crepes with nutella, strawberries and whipped cream as well as turkey bacon, eggs and cheese on a toasted english muffin with turkey sausage and O.J. on the side! I was in heaven.
And last but CERTAINLY not least, Richard: One of the most exciting things recently is Richards craziest semester yet (where he is regularly gone 12-14 STRAIGHT hours on campus) is almost over!!!!!! I am so excited. His semesters here on out will be easier because he can only take a couple classes because they are all pre-requisites of each other. It's a huge blessing because there is no way that he could go any faster so it won't be as crazy and he can make sure to do really well in the classes and secure a really high GPA. Its a neat blessing how it has all worked out. He only has 3 more semesters (including the one starting mid-April) until he is basically done and can apply to dental school!! That will go SO fast!!! There is an end in sight! Even with such a crazy semester with a little 1 year old, being Elders quorum president AND a tired pregnant wife he has done SO well and has some of the highest grades in all of his classes. I am so proud of him.













2 comments:
Can't wait to find out what you're having! So glad you guys are doing so well! --jenny
Love your hair! You've always been such a beautiful blondy ;) Glad to hear things are going well. I'm excited to hear what you guys are having!
Post a Comment