Wow. Can I just say that I LOVE being a mom?! Specifically Liam's mom! He is such a DOLL! It's amazing how much I absolutely adore this child. It's hard to put into words my feelings. He is the perfect baby. Truly. The only time he ever cries is sometimes when I am changing his diaper, changing his clothes or if he is really hungry. He sleeps so well in between feedings and already has his nights and days pretty much figured out! We are so blessed. Thursday we had his well baby check-up and he had to get his heel pricked. Richard and I were joking around saying that he probably wouldn't cry and the nurse said he has never seen that and it was basically impossible. Sure enough all he did was flinch. The nurse said he had NEVER seen that happen before! I was way more upset than he was! I cannot believe he is almost 2 weeks old! I was thinking the other day about how I spent my pregnancy trying to will the weeks to go faster so I could meet him and now I want the weeks to slow down because before I know it he is going to be all grown up! It's gone way too fast! I spend almost all day just holding and cuddling with him trying to soak in every second I can with him as he gets older.

He is such an observant baby! Ever since the first day he just looks around and everything. And wow, talk about kissable cheeks! (4 days old)
The day before my mom left we gave him his first bath! He didn't like being undressed but he sure liked feeling the water on his head and bum! It was so cute! He was crying because he was naked but as soon as we put the warm washcloth on him he stopped crying! Here I am trying to convince him he will like his bath before we totally stripped him down! (6 days old)

Doing my all time favorite thing: cuddling with my little guy (6 days old)

Richard loves doing his homework with Liam laying either on his stomach (4 days old)...


(sorry so many pictures of this! I just think they are ADORABLE!)

Or off to the side in what we call the "buddy spot" (11 days old)

Working out with Daddy (1 week old)
I LOVE this picture! He is showing us his serious work out face!

I know this picture is a little yellow, but I wanted to show his smile! This was at the tall end of his smile, but it melts my heart when he does smile! Lately I know he is done eating when I get a huge open mouthed smile as he is sleeping! SO CUTE!

This was SO cute! I was changing his diaper the other night and all of a sudden he popped his thumb in his mouth! He hasn't done it since and it may have been a one time thing. We'll see!
And my favorite thing: he is SUCH a cuddle bug!!!
As for me I am doing great! My tummy is basically back to how it was before which is awesome! I was afraid I would look 4 months pregnant forever! I am curious to see how much weight I have lost since having Liam. Better be at least 9 pounds! :) Because he sleeps so well in between feedings I take naps while he is sleeping so I am not horribly sleep deprived like I thought I would be. Also, every one warned me about crazy emotions after having a baby and the only emotion I feel is OVERWHELMING and all consuming love for Liam which can make me really protective of him! I feel like a mama bear! I am really glad I dont have to deal with the emotions people warned me about. I think a large part of that is because Richard is so incredibly supportive & helpful. Seriously I think the reason I am doing so well is because of him.
The best thing ever is being mommy to Liam and wife to Richard.
p.s. expect a lot of pictures and updates. Both grandmas are further away than they'd like to be!



6 comments:
Awww McKenna he is precious! Congratulations!
Mckenna he's such a cutie!!! Congrats, I hope he keeps those good habits of his for ya!
Beautiful Baby Boy! I think he looks an awful lot like a Holloway!
What a cutie! I'm so glad you are loving mommy-hood...in the beginning it really is all about getting the help and support you need to take care of you and baby :)
Newborns are one of Heavenly Father's greatest creations. Such a great time!
You are all such a happy family!! I am so happy for you!! You are such an awesome Mom, just like your Mother! Best Wishes!
Post a Comment