Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicken & Rice bake

This recipe is also one that is not flashy, but I really like it. I was going to make the most amazing lasagna I have ever tasted (another one of my Mom's jems) but I was 1. too hungry and 2. not in the mood to make something that required too much prep. So I settled with this quick, easy, healthy and "solid" (as my hubby calls it) recipe.
By the way, I know that I wanted to post recipes that I found and tried for the first time but I just don't have the energy for that. So until he comes and for a while after, I will probably only be posting tried-and-true recipes that are more basic than exciting. Things that I know are good, quick, and healthy because, lets be honest, that's all I care about right now.

Chicken & Rice bake
1 rounded cup of rice
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms
1 (1o 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups chicken broth
1 (1 1/4 oz) package dry onion soup mix
8-10 chicken tenders (note: I use 3 chicken breasts)

Spread rice and mushrooms in bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Mix the soup, chicken broth and dry onion soup with a wire whisk in a separate bowl. Power over rice and mushrooms. Place chicken on top of mixture. Turn tenders once to coat. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until rice is done. You can also bake at 275 for 3-4 hours.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jamie Blake said...

Yum! Looks very tasty! I make one similar to that too, and it definitely is "solid!" keep posting the recipes cause I am liking it!