Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Almost there (39 weeks)!!

We are so close! 5 days until his due date! But honestly, I don't think he will be gracing us with presence before or by then...he seems really content inside. Little stinker. Dang cutest stinker though! ;)
(I wasn't going to post my 39 week picture cause I am sure you are sick of belly pictures. But our little William had a huge growth spurt and dropped low. Explains my first stretch mark that appeared a couple days ago...So thought I'd share the difference)

So I am 39 1/2 weeks and honestly, I still feel comfortable and totally love being pregnant with our little guy. I really consider it a miracle I am still so comfortable and feeling great! Even though it's hard when my hips feel like they are breaking when I first get up from sitting, or how I have to pee constantly, or I am exhausted like no ones business. But other than bathroom breaks, I sleep amazingly through the night. Being tired during the day is no biggie since I am not working or going to school I can sleep as much as I want. And now that he has dropped further I can breath fine, my heartburn is not nearly as bad and I just plain love feeling our little guy kick around. Sure it hurts when he snuggles in to my ribs or moves so much it gives me a contraction or rubs his head in my pelvis (wow that hurt), but I still LOVE feeling him in there. I will miss that SO MUCH. So really I am feeling great for being 39 1/2 weeks pregnant! Someone at church mentioned that I should not be smiling and this pregnant. I am really lucky. But I am sure this is a tender mercy because I really think he will be late.
Today was my 39 week appointment and just like always, everything looked great. After my doctor felt his head to make sure he is still head down (which he is), she measured his heartbeat. He had the hiccups and was going crazy (I think the hiccups annoy him cause he is always going crazy during them) and kept hitting the doppler. We couldn't help but laugh at that! She checked me again and she did say (over and over again) that he was super low, but I still wasn't dilated or effaced at all. Honestly I wasn't too surprised. I was having painless contractions the night before about 10 minutes apart lasting about 2 minutes for the 2 hours I was timing them (and randomly last night and today) , but because they were painless I didn't expect them to make much difference. So she said that if I still haven't had him by next week when I am a week past my due date with still no dilation, she will induce me! I am going to go into the hospital the night of Friday the 12th and they will start medication or a catheter that will help me dilate and I will stay there over night. Then they will start pitocin the morning of Saturday the 13th.
So we know that no later than the 14th (and hopefully the 13th) our little boy will be here!! He will be the best Valentines present either of us has ever received!! :)
I am actually hoping he doesn't come sooner because Richard has a REALLY important thing happening the morning of Friday the 12th (more details later) so it would be nice if we could go into the hospital that night and not have to worry about going in before that and messing up what's happening Friday morning. So my prayers are going to change from him coming ASAP to wait for the night of the 12th!
ALSO, I have been seeing the only girl doctor in the office for the past couple appointments and I TOTALLY TOTALLY love her. I am really happy because she would be the one to deliver me if he waited for that weekend!! That would be awesome! Don't get me wrong, the guy doctor I saw was great, but I really really like her! :) So we'll see.

About 2 weeks after stopping birth control May 2009 and a couple days before we found out I was pregnant with William for sure, we decided to take some pictures of me for fun. We figured that it would be fun to have pictures of what I looked like before I was pregnant (even though ironically I already was). And then we took some pictures the other day of me at 39 weeks. It is really fun to compare some of them.

(The only bare belly picture you will see...)

Before I bore you all to death, I will quickly add my favorite story from this week. Today I was visiting my friend and her brand-new baby (so cute!) and obviously I wanted to hold the little baby. I was resting the little girl on my tummy (just like everything else) and William started kicking and jamming his body against her until I moved her. It was really cute. It was like he was staking his property. :)
I can't wait to officially meet our little guy!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Britt @ The Adventures of Josh and Britt said...

McKenna!! You look so beautiful pregnant!! Looking back I wish that I would have taken more pictures while pregnant... and I totally know what you mean about the bare belly pics! :) I'll be praying for a safe delivery of little William!

Zac & Chelsea said...

You really look so happy, good for you. Maybe I was just miserable because I didn't get sleep for about half of my pregnancy so I was more than exhausted. And you are so lucky on the stretch marks. You are like me and we carry straight out in front because we don't have tons of internal room. But my last 10 weeks I started to get crazy stretch marks because I was growing so fast, it makes me disgusted now. I would describe my belly as looking like cottage cheese. anyways, I hope your delivery goes great!

Miriam said...

So pretty kenna, it's hard to believe that that cute tinsy body can even hold a baby inside of it!! You still look so great, and I'm surprised in the slightest that you are still in LOVE with being pregnant. You have such a great attitude and this is a special time. Miss you!!