Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Christmas card and/or year end report

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a wonderful year for us! We are still attending school and loving the opportunity to be learning together. Richard is about a year away from finishing his bachelor of science in Psychology and starting the seminary teaching program to become a full-time seminary teacher. If this is not what Heavenly Father wants for us, then he will do a double major to receive his JD and MBA in graduate school. I (McKenna) am excited to graduate this upcoming year with my bachelor of science in Psychology as well. We have been blessed to both have full-tuition academic scholarships which allows us to not have to work while we go to school. We love being in the same classes and learning together.

We have also been able to enjoy some non-school related activities while we weren’t in school this past year. With the new temple in town, we are blessed to attend the temple weekly. Also, after winter semester ended, we went on a 4-night baja Mexico cruise for spring break! It was so much fun to enjoy the sun and a nice break while we traveled to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada Mexico. After the cruise, we lived in southern California while Richard was a salesman for a pest control company. We loved being able to go to the beach and relax in the sun while he wasn’t working. After he finished we also were able to go to Disneyland and loved running from ride to ride for a straight 12 hours together as we enjoyed both theme parks. We spent the rest of the summer in Washington where we wrote, produced and directed our own play, “Tales of the Grandson”. This was a great experience with which we created some wonderful memories together. After the summer we returned home and finished fall semester off with a bang!

We also celebrated our 3rd anniversary and it is so amazing that we are so much more in love and happy than we were on our wedding day (which we didn’t think possible). We have been so blessed and love as our marriage exponentially grows everyday. These past 3 years have been the best of our lives as we enjoy this time just the two of us and we are so excited for the next year that will be full of new memories. We also look back at the end of 2008 and we are so grateful for all the blessings from our Savior. May you have a wonderful Christmas season and a new year full of blessings.

Love,

Richard and McKenna


p.s. I printed this out for our friends at home so we are planning to bring cookies and our holiday card once we get back if we have time before school starts. If we forget, bug us and we would love to give them to you. :) I am going to write more thoughts on this new year, but I am still sick so I want to start getting ready for bed... and yes, I know the font is different. I copied it from the word document so it messed with the font.

O, this is the other Christmas card I made, but I picked the other one above. Just thought I would put it on here for fun ;)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Very cute Christmas card! Did you take the winter picture of the two of you?

Caitlin said...

Your blog is sooooo cute!!! :D your the bestest ever!