Sunday, January 2, 2011

Catch up one--Liam's 10 month update!

Which is INCREDIBLY late. He will be 11 months in 6 days. With the new year I have a goal of being a better blogger. If for no other reason than to document our lives for our family journal (I am going to print up my blog and use it as our family journal). My goal is to update it on Sunday afternoons because my other days are so packed playing with Liam, making food, grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning the house etc. Plus I think journal keeping is a good Sunday activity! :) 
Anyways, Liam is still the best baby/little boy in the world. But I don't think that will ever change :) He is still the happiest, most loving baby I have ever seen. And that says a lot because I have spent my life around babies! haha. He still sleeps between 10-12 hours a night sometimes waking up once to eat if he was playing too much that he didn't want to stop to eat. He takes a 2-3 hour nap in the morning and another 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. He usually eats really well unless he is too busy playing. Because he is so mobile and active, he is starting to not be outrageous huge! He is ALWAYS on the go so it's not too surprising. 

He had two exciting things happen this month! 
1. He is has his two front teeth!! The one on his right is all the way through and the other one has cut through the gums but hasn't grown past the gums. I thought it was really cute because they had both cut through (the right one you can actually see in this picture) by Christmas! So he had his two front teeth for Christmas! :) 
Running total of Liams teeth: 4 (at least visable)
This was on Christmas morning (DETAILS COMING SOON) showing off his two teeth! Our flash is sometimes too bright hence the hilarious face! He is smiling :)

2. He got his first official hair cut!!! And he looks so cute! It took Richard SO long to persuade me to let him cut his hair. For some irrational reason I really didn't want to cut his hair because then he wouldn't  be my little baby anymore! It was his baby hair and we hadn't ever cut it! But it was getting really bad so finally we brought out the clippers and did the deed! And it's so cute! Even though I have to say, looking at these pictures kind of made me miss his long hair...but it was starting to flip out and curl at the bottoms. Not good for a little boy! :)
Before:
(I think it's funny that most of the pictures from this month are him exploring. It is almost impossible to catch a smiling picture of Liam. He sees the camera, smiles for 1 second and is one the move again exploring the world. My camera is just not fast enough for him!)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of my boys!

During:



After:
Helping Dad do dishes! Or more helping Dad un-do all the dishes he did... 
 Silly picture of Liam, but it shows the side of his hair well
 And the back!
I thought this picture is so funny! This is the epitome of our life: Liam crawling all over the place like the speed of light and me trying to catch him.
Playing with some of his Christmas toys

So yeah life is perfect. I spend my days playing with and chasing this little man. He definitely keeps me on my toys with his need to explore everything. Here are some random pictures from his month:
This was before his hair cut--can you see why I finally caved? It was getting kind of crazy! :)
He LOVED our Christmas tree! I know it's kind of pathetic, but we only had plastic bulbs so he could play with them. They were his favorite toys! He was so good with the tree. He never pulled it over and would just take off 2 bulbs at a time and play with them. That is why the bottom half is all clear ;)
I LOVE his pirate face!!

At 10 Months Liam can...
--Wave good-bye
--Clap
--Crawls (like a manic)
--Indicates wants with gestures
--Stands a lone for a couple seconds
--Puts objects into containers
--Copies everything we do
--Cruises a long furniture and anything he can hold onto
--Stoops from standing position
--Imitates others activities, actions and sounds
--Scribbles with a crayon
ETC.

At 10 months Liam likes...
Gosh EVERYTHING!!! Here are a couple I can think of off the top of my head:
--Kissing his mama
--Being tickled by his daddy
--Playing with all of his toys
--Drinking his bottle
--Friends his age (especially girls lol)
--Taking a bath
--Splashing in the water
--Playing with the dishwasher
--Playing with my aluminum baking dishes in the cupboard to the right of the oven (the one he is playing with in all the pictures above)
--Playing with the plastic bulbs off the Christmas tree
--Walking while someone holds one hand
--Playing with diapers (clean of course)
--Drinking water form his sippy cup
--Eating sweet potatoes, french fries, broccoli, salmon with marinara sauce on it (haha), his strawberry apple puffs, cherrios etc.
--Doggies! He even barks and sticks his tongue out while he is playing
--Eating with the fork mama uses (of course under constant supervision haha)
ETC.

At 10 months Liam dislikes...
--Laying on his back to get his diaper changed. I had to go so fast that I bet I could win an award for fastest diaper change... 
--Eating things he doesn't like (duh, who likes that?)
--Being away from mommy and daddy
--Having his face washed off after eating

I love my little buddy. He is the joy and light in our life!

So I have a TON of posts that I need to catch up on so this #1 of many that I will publish soon so check back! I hope to finish all of them really soon so I can start blogging about the day to day things. 
Photobucket

No comments: