Saturday, July 17, 2010

5 months!


Wow, where do I begin?! So much has happened this month! He is acting more like a little boy than he is a baby now and it's a little sad! This is going too fast!!

Things are going great! In my last update I mentioned that we were trying to wean Liam from being swaddled and that his night time sleeping was less than ideal as he was getting used to having his arms free. Well, a couple days after I wrote that, his sleeping was back to normal and even better! He regularly goes 8-10 hours before eating and sometimes 11 and 12 hours!! Then if he eats 8-10 hours after he goes to bed, he will sleep for another 2 before getting up and if he goes 11-12 hours, he is up for the day! His napping schedule is also back to normal and better! But I won't bore you with those details. So his sleeping schedule is good and has been swaddle free for a month now. Very nice. He usually goes down with out crying and if he does, it only lasts a couple minutes and then he soothes himself to sleep.
So this month he has changed do much. At 4 months he still seemed like a little baby, still a newborn almost, but within the last month he doesn't act like a newborn anymore. He acts like a little boy and his personality has developed SO much. One day Richard and I looked at each other and realized that he has changed so much. It seemed like it happened over night. It's hard to explain the change, but it definitely happened. He's not our little newborn anymore. It's crazy how much he has changed in such a relatively short time! 
He has also gotten SO SILLY!! I love it! He is always laughing, giggling or smiling. When he isn't sleeping, he loves to play. It's nice because he loves to play with Richard and I, but if I am cleaning the house or making dinner he is great at entertaining himself.

I LOVE his smile

See?! He is growing up so fast!
The first picture was taken a couple weeks ago when he could only sit up with the help of the boppy and the second picture was just a couple days ago! About a week ago he started sitting all by himself! He also LOVES his feet! He is always grabbing them and playing with them. I think they are his favorite toy! And happy day! His hair is finally starting to grow back! There is a picture that is similar to the second one that I took of him on his 4 month post and it really shows how much his hair has grown this month!

I LOVE his goofy smile!
He LOVES LOVES LOVES his Excercauser that we just recently got him! He will sit in it and play non-stop until we take him out. He will get so excited and swing his whole body and both arms around with his toys in his hand and close his eyes so he doesn't hit himself in the face! It's so cute how much he loves it! He is always sucking on something or swinging a toy around. He is in love with it. 
This is the video of him trying it for the first time:


This is what happens when Daddy changes baby...

His first time swinging on the swings after playing at the splash park
His Daddy is really his best friend. He LOVES to play and rough house with Richard. Whenever he sees him he gets so excited and thrashes his arms and hands while squealing. There nothing is quite like watching your little boy love your husband!

This was funny--Richard and I were getting ready to go to the lake and I set him down with the boppys behind him and some toys and walked into the other room. When I came back, I saw this! Him lounging on the boppy's playing.

Liam playing with his friend Phoenix!
(Kara, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your pictures!
Haha! He has been having so much fun sticking his tongue out and moving it around all funny! He is such a funny kid!

At 5 months Liam can...
--Roll over both ways!
--Tolerate tummy time longer and do a mini push-up
--Play with his hands and feet
--Sit longer periods on his own
--Turn towards loud noises and voices (especially ours)
--Jabber and combine syllables
(he makes noises that sound exactly like "hey", "I love You" and "Da")
--Imitate sounds
(It's so cute when he imitates the roaring noises Richard makes when he tickles him like he is trying to do it back)
--Pass a toy from one hand to the other
--Stand up from sitting just holding onto my hand for support
ETC

At 5 months Liam likes...
--Playing in his Exercauser
--Playing with his feet
--Playing with anything plastic that crinkles like an empty wipes bag (his fav)
(of course under CONSTANT supervision)
--Playing with an empty saline bottle (haha...weird I know)
--Rough housing with his daddy
--When I bark like a dog
--Being tickled
--When I sing to him
--Anything he can grab
--Taking baths
--Sleeping in his car seat
(he has a cold right now and so he is sleeping in his car seat to keep him elevated. When he was sleeping in his bed his nose would get so plugged that he would wake up a lot because he couldn't breath very well. We tried switching him to his comfy stroller but he wouldn't sleep in it! I am glad he likes his car seat so much!)
--"Mommy and Liam love time"
(When he gives me kisses and makes his "I Love You" noises and I give him kisses on his checks back and tell him how much I love him)
--Reading (or trying to eat) books
--Drinking water from his new sippy cup
--Taking off and playing with his hat
--Splashing his feet in water whether at the lake or splash park
--Trying to eat Richards text books
--Playing with Richards computer (he gets so excited he starts shaking...haha)
--Sticking out his tongue when he gets excited
--Sitting in his big boy seat at the table while we eat dinner
(in prep to start solids soon, we bought him a booster seat! All of my mommy friends said to get a booster seat instead of a high chair so he is getting used to it while we eat)
--Lunging forward to grab something he wants
(which requires us to use our ninja reflexes so we don't drop him)
--Playing with my face, shirt and my NEW hair while he nurses
(more coming on my new hair ;) )
ETC

At 5 months Liam dislikes...
--Having to eat when his nose is plugged (stupid cold)
--Meeting new people when he is tired or hungry (stranger apprehension and separation anexity are starting...)
--Having more than just his legs in colder water
--Being away from mom for too long

I can't believe that in just a few short weeks, Liam will be 6 months old!! That really just blows my mind.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Brittany said...

wow another phoenix! I thought I would be the only one! can't blame her parents...it is the cutest name!