Thursday, April 1, 2010

Almost 6 weeks later...

The pictures from his newborn photo shoot!
It's so crazy to look back at these pictures of him when he was 2 weeks old! He has changed so much! I know there are a lot of pictures...I tried to put them side by side but that was just taking too much time! And I was only going to put on a couple of them but they are all so cute that I had to add a lot of my favorites! This isn't all of them and if you want to see all of them, leave a comment and I will send you an invite to our shutterfly website with all of the pictures. It is private so I will send you the link and password! :) You can also order prints from the site if you are interested!
By the way, you may think you've seen them all on facebook...but there are some on here that I didn't put on facebook! :)
We had so much fun at his photo shoot! Before we got there, the photographer asked that we come with him full and asleep. He always would (and still does) sleep after his feedings really well so I wasn't worried about it. But, he had other plans! He would start to fall asleep and then fight it really hard. We tried everything we could to make him go to sleep and I think we got 2-3 pictures where he was actually asleep. But the photographer said that we were the most put together first parents she had ever seen, which was a huge compliment! She said that usually first time parents get stressed when their newborn wont sleep for the photo shoots. Also, of course, he peed everytime we took his diaper off for some of the pictures! In the one with the ruler, we laid him down and he instantly peed a huge puddle...good thing for photo shop! Not only did he pee, but he also poop on my lap when I was holding him as she was getting the backgrounds ready! haha! She had to put most of her blankets in the laundry after we left because he peed on almost all of them! So it was a funny experience, and after being there for 2 hours, here are the pictures that we left with...I would say it was worth it!!! :)
Our little ewok baby!
(this is a blanket that I crocheted for him I finished right after I found out I was pregnant)


So the reason his mouth is open like this is because we had his binky in to try and make him sleep but he wouldn't sleep for us so we pulled his binky out right as she was taking the picture! In fact in every picture you see of him puckering that is what happened! :)


One of the only pictures that he is really sleeping in!




I bet you are fooled...he isn't sleeping at all, but just blinking! I was rubbing his forehead (which makes him calm down and close his eyes like he is sleeping) and she took the picture really fast as his eyes are closed!
And speaking of trying to get him to sleep, she took some pictures of our efforts!
...I just had to add this one! It's my favorite "just took out the binky" picture!

And here he is almost 6 weeks later!
This was taken today and not tomorrow...our date stamp is off! But he was being SO cute in the middle of one of the feedings today! He was smiling and cooing like crazy so of course we had to bring out the camera!

Last but definitely not least here is a video from this morning!

I only had a couple seconds to record because our small 2G card was in our camera and it was almost full, but I am so glad I caught him doing this! Liam and Richard had been "talking" back and forth for several minutes before and after this clip! He has been doing this with us a lot lately and its adorable! He sure loves talking to his mom & dad!


Sorry for the picture overload....

Photobucket

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh my heck, Mckenna! He is a doll. I was just thinking about you and wanted to see your baby. He is such an adorable mix of you both. Congrats. I don't know if I've ever seen happier parents than you too. Still no baby yet for me but I am getting close (my date is 4/13). Oh he is cute.

Erin said...

oh my heck, Mckenna! He is a doll. I was just thinking about you and wanted to see your baby. He is such an adorable mix of you both. Congrats. I don't know if I've ever seen happier parents than you too. Still no baby yet for me but I am getting close (my date is 4/13). Oh he is cute.

Anonymous said...

these pictures are so perfect! they bring tears to my eyes. he's perfect! he makes me SO baby hungry!