We got back a couple days ago from a really fun vacation! It was just what we needed to relax and get ready for the rest of the year and all of it's big & exciting things (like Richard's student teacing, prepping for a new baby etc.)! We started our vacation the week before school got out by my family coming to ID and staying with us (yes, in our small 2 bed-room apartment...crazy). My sister was taking her endowments out the Saturday before her wedding so they came so that my parents could be apart of that special occasion. Here are pictures of some of the things we did while they were here (I borrowed these pictures from my sisters facebook):
Frequented the near-by lake


Enjoyed some fun thunder & lightening storms
To give you an idea...it was a pretty crazy storm!
Before the rain started...
...during the down pour...
...and after (I think my sister is being hit by the huge hail balls that started after the rain).
Had a bridal shower for my sister
we played some games while we were there

(had to put this on here to show the bow that my sis is wearing. I learned how to make them at an enrichment! It is really cute)

Chopped off almost all of my hair
sorry its kind of hard to see what it looks like...but it's cute :) I will post a better picture that shows more of it.
FINE. Here is one. I just feel weird not putting a picture of the beautiful couple. They really were stunning! :)
We had to drive quite a while to get to the reception...and things started to get weird...

...it's dangerous to give us a camera when we are bored...
The reception was so beautiful! My sis's theme was message in a bottle (thats how he proposed...ahhhh) and the table decorations were so cute!
We stayed in Richard's parents house with Kirsten, Ranen & their kids and Richard's cousin Ben! It was a lot of fun and the house inside looked amazing! It was all staged like a castle. I would put some pictures of the inside but this post is getting way too big.
The whole gang!
p.s. see my baby bump?! hehe
To give you an idea...it was a pretty crazy storm!
Before the rain started...
...during the down pour...
...and after (I think my sister is being hit by the huge hail balls that started after the rain).Had a bridal shower for my sister
we played some games while we were there
(had to put this on here to show the bow that my sis is wearing. I learned how to make them at an enrichment! It is really cute)
Chopped off almost all of my hair
sorry its kind of hard to see what it looks like...but it's cute :) I will post a better picture that shows more of it.Aside from those fun things we helped my sister pack her apartment so she could get all her stuff into their new apartment, and helped with other wedding stuff. It was a crazy but fun week. Then the day school got out, we all jumped in my parents huge car and started the journey down to San Diego for my sisters wedding!!! It was a long but fun drive. I have to say though, it was not fun being pregnant on a long car drive. The kids had to plug their ears and close their eyes a few times when morning sickness would "hit" and I would lose it.
But it was all worth it because the wedding at the San Diego temple was BEAUTIFUL! :) I am so happy for my sister! I took a total of 850 pictures at their wedding and receptions, but I don't want to post them until I finish editing them. I will post a link when I am done if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Some of the family waiting for the newlyweds to come out of the templeBut it was all worth it because the wedding at the San Diego temple was BEAUTIFUL! :) I am so happy for my sister! I took a total of 850 pictures at their wedding and receptions, but I don't want to post them until I finish editing them. I will post a link when I am done if anyone is interested in seeing them.

FINE. Here is one. I just feel weird not putting a picture of the beautiful couple. They really were stunning! :)
We had to drive quite a while to get to the reception...and things started to get weird...
...it's dangerous to give us a camera when we are bored...
The reception was so beautiful! My sis's theme was message in a bottle (thats how he proposed...ahhhh) and the table decorations were so cute!I have more pictures of the reception, but this post is getting too big! So I will skip to the next part of our vacation. After spending an entire day at a beach in the town we used to live before moving to WA and everyone getting horribly sunburned, we drove two more days up to WA! My sister had another beautiful reception up there which was a lot of fun! After that we spent 2 weeks hanging out with Richard's family, my family and our really good friends Ranen & Kirsten & their cute boys! Ranen & Richard have been best friends since 7th grade and they had so much fun together just like old times! :) I had a blast getting to know Kirsten better and had so much fun with her! We wish they lived closer!! boo.
But we had fun with everyone going berry picking where we gorged ourselves on raspberries & blueberries; swimming at my parents community pool; playing all sorts of fun games; watching movies; going to the beach; and watching Harry Potter in the IMAX theater in Seattle (which was AWESOME on the 6 story high screen)!!
Here are some pictures Kirsten took that I borrowed from her blog because like normal, I was horrible and didn't take ANY pictures! So here are some from the beach:


We were finding cool rocks :)But we had fun with everyone going berry picking where we gorged ourselves on raspberries & blueberries; swimming at my parents community pool; playing all sorts of fun games; watching movies; going to the beach; and watching Harry Potter in the IMAX theater in Seattle (which was AWESOME on the 6 story high screen)!!
Here are some pictures Kirsten took that I borrowed from her blog because like normal, I was horrible and didn't take ANY pictures! So here are some from the beach:
We stayed in Richard's parents house with Kirsten, Ranen & their kids and Richard's cousin Ben! It was a lot of fun and the house inside looked amazing! It was all staged like a castle. I would put some pictures of the inside but this post is getting way too big.
The whole gang!p.s. see my baby bump?! hehe
So we had a GREAT vacation and loved visiting with everyone! We are pumped and ready for the rest of the year now but will miss everyone and all the good times we had! (Sorry this post got so big!)


4 comments:
I know, I keep saying it, but we had such a fun time! It was our best vacation ever. I'm glad that the guys had so much fun and that we got to know each other. We will have to do something like that again sometime soon - not like over 4 years later, that's a bit too long.
Funny story...I don't know if Caitlin told you but we ran into her and her new hubby hiking the lake ozette loop. It dawned on me that I think it's been like 7 years since we've seen you guys(minus my wedding reception)!...time flies...
Kirsten--I totally agree! We should plan another one soon so that we don't let time pass like we did last time! It really was a blast and hopefully by the time we see you guys again we will have a little baby your boys can play with too! :) haha
Katie--Thats so ironic that you saw them hiking! Did you guys have a chance to chat? It's been 7 years?! holy cow! When are you headed to the Island again? We should try to get together and bring Jenny too so we can see each other again!
Hey girl! I am so excited for you guys to have a baby. Looks like you have been having a lot of fun during the break. We need to get together soon. I miss you and I want to see your tummy. Love you
Post a Comment