Tuesday, August 25, 2009

16 weeks baby update!

Wow I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!! It seems like just yesterday I was finding out I was pregnant and now I am 4 months along!
We had our 16 weeks appointment and it went really well! We got to hear the babies precious heartbeat again! At our last appointment, the baby was still pretty small so it took him about a minute to get a good reading of it's heartbeat. But this time as soon as he put the doppler on my tummy you could hear the babies heart beating loud and strong! It was so cute. He told me that according to my measurements and the fact that my uterus is growing really well and is higher than it should be, that is why I am showing so early. He also said that everything is looking perfect! As we left we made our 20 week appointment for September 22nd where we will have another ultrasound and we will find out the gender of our baby!!!! Yay! I am so excited.
And look how big our baby is getting! hehe. My favorite development our baby is going through this week are the tiny bones that are forming which allows the baby to pick up my voice and other sounds! So cute.

Lately my cravings have increased so much it is comical! My cravings are fruit and anything salty, as well as french bread and Chinese food! I indulge in the fruit all the time but try not to indulge in the salty/unhealhty things! But I crave salty things so much that I told Richard to bring me flowers and sunflower seeds after the baby is born! Every time I see sunflower seeds at the store I have to enact every control I have to not buy them. But the other day I smelled someone drinking orange juice and I HAD to have some. And I found some fruit Popsicles that I absolutely LOVE and have to eat at least nightly. Cravings are so funny!
Within the last week I have slowly been feeling better too which is nice. I still seem to maintain a once a week puke but I am not constantly sick anymore. I am still really tired, but my appetite is increasing and my sickness is starting to wane now that I am in the 4th month which is so nice!
I think it's time for me to get some maternity clothes! I have one pair of pants that are still remotely comfortable but all my other pants are going to have to wait for at least 6 months to be used again! :) The rubber bands and not being able to zip up my pants are getting old and uncomfortable. I think I may have to go shopping this weekend!
Here are the belly shots put to scrapbook pages like I promised (I have decided to use these as a babies book)! It was so fun to look back on the past weeks and see how much has changed! I am missing 12 and 13 weeks, but here are the ones I do have:
10 weeks

(11 weeks I couldn't finish because the picture I have is too small)

14 weeks

15 weeks
DID YOU READ THAT?!

Yes I saved the best for last. At least my favorite part. At 15 1/2 weeks I felt our cute little baby move for the first time!! Well, I had been feeling some wisps and thuds for about a week before but had no idea how to tell if it was the baby or not. But I woke up on the morning of 15 1/2 weeks and before getting up put my hand on my belly. About a minute later I felt a little "thud" that actually hit my hand!! After that I was able to feel the baby move and kick around as he/she moved across my belly! I was and am totally in love. I was able to feel those same movements several times that day and I couldn't help but smile and giggle! After dinner I could feel the baby move a lot again and told Richard to put his hand on my belly. He was able to feel the same "thud" and moving as I did earlier and he couldn't stop smiling too and saying "O my gosh! How cute! That's my baby!" with wide eyes! It was so cute and made my day! I love feeling those little movements and it makes all of those days of being super sick totally worth it! Even today our little baby was kicking or thudding all around! The doctor asked at our appointment if we had felt the baby yet and so we told him about what happened that day. He said that was definitely the baby and that both of us getting to feel the movements was unusual and "a blessing right from heaven" (especially that Richard was able to feel them)! I totally agree. I love feeling those little movements.

So things are going really well! I can totally see why people say the second trimester is the best!
Photobucket

5 comments:

*Amber* said...

Shoot Kenna I am so dang happy for you! I can't believe you are going to be a mom! Your making me want to do the same, haha!

Kirsten said...

Yay! We're so excited for you guys! I'm amazed you made it this far without maternity clothes!!! I don't remember with our first but with our second, I was in maternity clothes at 5 weeks (my pants didn't fit). We're excited to hear if it's a little boy or girl.

Anonymous said...

second trimester is totally the best. you're not super tired yet/again and it's a great time to get things done before you won't have time anymore! also, a bella band was THE best $20 i spent while i was pregnant. it's like a tube top for you tummy and it allows you to wear your own pants for much longer!

Cass said...

OOOO!! I think you guys should take a trip down here to logan to get some maternity clothes at old navy!! cheap and cute!! :) So excited for you guys!!! love ya!!

A & L said...

That is so exciting! What a sweet experience and hey whatever helps you through morning sickness is even better!