Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Z Goals

In one of my classes this semester we were talking about goals, and our teacher asked us to write down some goals that we have and label them A and B. These are the typical goals that everyone hears about and makes lists of every day, month and year. However, Z-goals (as it says in my textbook)
"are those extra "icing on the cake" kings of things, which make life interesting and sweet. If they don't happen, it is okay."

The nature of Z goals are those things which you do not expect to happen, but as I was doing the assignment, I found that it was really fun and interesting. So here are some of mine (and obviously I will add to them when I think of other things). The cutest thing though, I told Richard about this assignment and read some of them to him. After he heard them he was like "print me off those Z goals, because I want to make all of them come true." He is so cute. Obviously, there are a lot of outlandish things, but some are more attainable. Here they are:

~Be a part of the Mormon Tabernacle choir~

~be a lead in an opera again~

~Go to New York~

~Be recognized with an award for my photography~

~Be a very popular and successful photographer~

~Sing a solo in front of a big group of people (bigger than a ward or an audience at a play)~

~Make a CD~

~Go to the Aryan Islands in Ireland~

~Travel all over Ireland~

~Go to England, France, Germany, Hawaii…~

~Go to Athens, Greece~

~Kiss Richard as we are riding in a Gondola in Italy~

~Be a ballroom dancer~

~Experience giving birth~

~Having a huge orchard and an amazing fruit/vegetable garden~

~Have a rose garden~

~Play flute in a huge orchestra~

~Shake hands with a general authority~

~Go to a very formal dance complete with ballroom dancing and a very nice dinner~

~See the church history sites~

~Swim in the Mediterranean sea~

~Learn to surf~

~See a Broadway play~

~Watch a sunrise from the top of a mountain~

~Go to Mozart’s birth place and listen to a concert of something he wrote there~

~Go to Paris in the fall~

~Swim with Dolphins~

~Ride horses on the beach with Rich~

~Write a book~

~Be called Mommy by our special children~

~Visit the Amish~

~See the pyramids in Egypt~

~Learn how to play the harp~

~Visit at least 50 temples~

~Memorize the endowment~

~Serve as a veil worker in the temple~

~Learn the Violin & Cello again~

~Read all the books on my classics list~

~Graduate from college~

So now that you all have seen my Z goals, I want to start a new tag! Every one of you who reads this (I won't do specific tags, because for some reason if people don't see their name, they wont do the tag), make a list of your own Z goals and put them on your blog! It is as if every single one of you have your name on the tag, so you better do it! Start dreaming... ;)

No comments: