I came to grips the other day with the fact that I have become a horrible blogger. But I have to say in my defense, that November is a CRAZY month for us and I am lucky to have gotten one post in. Especially this year. And this is why...
October 31--HalloweenNovember 4--5 year anniversary
November 17--Richards birthday
November 19--Richard flies to Honduras and I fly to Washington (awesome post coming soon)
November19-30--Richard is in Honduras and I am in Washington taking care of Liam by myself while staying at my families house
December 1-now--Get settled after said vacation
...as you can see in between big events, traveling, being a "single" mom (which SUCKED...I missed Richard SO much) for 11 days and trying to get settled after our trips, blogging has taken a back seat. But now that we are back and into the groove of things, I promise to be better. If for no other reason than just journaling our daily lives. Anyways, in the hustle and bustle, I didn't get a chance to update my blog about Liam being 9 months!! So here we are, 3 days away from him turning 10 months, and I am finally writing about his 9th month! haha...o well. I couldn't skip 9 months because it was a big month for Liam!! So many things happened and since it was an exciting month, I had to update, even though he is now 9.93 months old :)
First off, last month Liam only crawled a couple "steps". But starting when he was 8 1/2 months all of a sudden he started crawling like a mad man! He goes so fast and gets into everything! We have to constantly keep an eye on him. He seems to have a talent for finding the most dangerous situation. Needless to say, not a lot gets done while he is awake :) I mostly spend the time while he is awake trying to keep him out of harmful situations. But he is so cute when he crawls! And he is FAST!
Second, as soon as he turned 9 months he started pulling up on EVERYTHING! Before he could pull up on things with some help and wasn't very steady. But once he started, he was a pro and can pull up on anything and everything. Plus he is super steady and can walk along the furniture (or whatever he is holding onto). And as long as there are two things within arm reach, he will transfer between things whether it be 2 chairs, the couch and a chair etc. He can also hold on to something with one arm, bend down to pick up a toy and come back up to standing. And when he gets really brave (which happens a lot), he will let go and stand a long for a couple seconds before falling on his bum. Basically he can do everything except take steps without holding on to something. Walking is JUST around the corner! He wants to walk SO bad!! I am sure it will happen pretty soon.
Getting excited watching the first snow of the season! Nothing stuck and it didn't last long but he was pretty interested in the white things falling from the sky! The excitement has worn off now... :)
I know I say this every month, but I seriously mean it every time I say it! haha...but he is the BEST baby!! I am not kidding. While we were in Washington, my mom said she has NEVER seen such a happy and good baby! And she raised 8 kids! She was stunned! He is so chill and happy. Even when he is tired, hungry and sick of traveling, he still is so happy and wonderful! Just to share an example: my brother was in his first high school play and it was closing night while we were there. I really wanted to go to show my brother I was proud of him but it started 30 minutes before Liams bedtime. Our plan was to take him and if he got tired we would take him home at intermission. So we went and it was amazing! Liam sat on our lap and gigged, played with toys and watched the play the whole time!! He was perfect! Thats my little boy for ya :) And I was also so worried about taking him ALONE on an airplane to Washington but he was amazing!! There were about 4 other babies his age on the plane going to Washington, and they all took turns screaming. Both ways he just sat on my lap playing with toys and never once cried. And he had missed both naps! The flight attendants kept mentioning what a wonderful baby he is! He is so loving, sweet, patient and chill. We are so blessed!!
| Look at those eyes!! |
Here are some random pictures from this last month...
| Learning how to drive with his friend! |
| He wanted the camera really bad, hence his weird face :) |
This was SO funny! I got him up from a nap and he had somehow gotten his arm out of his shirt! So cute.
| He loves it when Daddy tickles him! |
Experimenting with standing! Right after I took those pictures he would let go and stand on his own for a couple seconds! I love the face he makes when he tries to stand! It's the same every time :)
| Love how he is on his tip-toes in this picture! |
![]() |
| He LOVES LOVES LOVES guitars! He goes crazy whenever he sees one |
| Can you tell... |
![]() |
| ...I love my bubs more than anything. |
At 9 months Liam can...
--Crawl all over the place
--Stand on his own for a could seconds
--Walks (aka:cruise) along furniture or anything else as long as he is holding on to something with one hand
--Jabbers constantly
--Drinks from a sippy cup
--Eats with fingers using Pincer grasp
--Bangs objects together
--Claps
--Waves
--Plays peek-a-boo
--Indicates wants with gestures and sounds
--Stoops from a standing position
--Pull up to standing position from sitting
--Get into sitting position from stomach
--(constantly and loudly) say "mama" and "dada"
--Open containers and unscrew water bottles with his mouth
--Take off lids, tries to put them back on and puts things into the containers
ETC.
At 9 months Liam likes...
--His mama (he is SUCH a mamas boy)
--Giving his mama kisses
--Wrestling and playing with Daddy
--When Daddy comes home from work/school
--His papa (he LOVES my Dad)
--Apples
--Guitars
--His sippy cup and bottle
--Eating food
--Being thrown in the air
--Baths
--Cuddling with his mama, blanky and bottle before sleeping
--Any kid older or younger than him
--Playing with toys on the ground
--Playing with cups
--Dancing
(basically just moves his body and swings his head back and forth)
--Our camera and cellphones
--Unloading the dishwasher (no matter if I am loading or unloading haha)
--Playing with our chairs
--Playing with his boaster seat/high chair that is attached to a seat
ETC.
At 9 months Liam dislikes...
--Having his face washed after eating
--Being away from mama
--Laying down for diaper changes (I dislike that too...)
I love my little man!! I can't believe how old he is! Time flies so fast...only 2 more months until he is one year old!!!!!!!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:
He's getting so big! I love his cautious little face when he attempts to stand. What a cutie!
Liam is seriously adorable! Love that boy. Thanks for letting us play with him yesterday during your lesson. Chad seriously gets a kick our of him: )
Post a Comment